Friday, January 20, 2012

Future Detective?

As I was driving to my parents recently, Thomas decided to be the peanut gallery from the backseat. He asked, "Mommy why did that sign say Speed Limit 70 M-P-H?" I explained it was the speed limit meant, etc. Then he piped in again with, "What does that orange line mean on those numbers?" Aaahhhh child, that's my speed. "But why is it over the 70 mark?"

Thank you Thomas for letting me go exactly 70. I tend to do 72-74, but this time, I got to experience being passed by semi's, trucks, and probably a GeoMetro. :) However, there were no more questions from the back, so I must assume that I am driving correctly.


**That does remind me though of a few months ago when we were driving to the library. Signs were clearly  marked warning that there was construction and the need to merge was imminent. I, of course, merged over. The truck way back decided not to and wanted to speed to the front. When he was not allowed to swerve in at the last second (yes, I hold grudges, the little old lady who missed the sign is one thing but the big truck barreling down on me is another), apparently the truck was unhappy. He looked at me and shouted, "IDIOT!" The boys, having never heard that word asked what it meant. I explained that people used the word "idot" when they were not smart enough to come up with a nicer word. (I use the same reasoning with the word "hate"). I also explained that when you use poor word choices when referring to other people, it generally says something about you. I said all of this while steaming of course! The boys decided it would be a good idea to follow the truck (who sped around us at the next opportunity) and make sure he knew that "idiot" was a poor choice of words. Thankfully we lost him.

Funny boys!

No comments: