Friday, May 20, 2011

One Step Behind

Ever have those days where you are one step behind? You just can't seem to catch up? That was me today. I feel like I started of so strong, but....

It ended like this...

I walked into the bedroom where the kids were preparing for "movie night." I realized Thomas' bark-filled shoes were IN my bed. I started clearing off the sheets while having him pick up as much as possible. As soon as my sheets are off Molly dumps an entire bag of Chex Mix on my now sheet-less bed. :( While I'm picking that up and vaccuuming, one of the girls' takes off her diaper and pees on the floor, Thomas sneaks some balloons for future water-ballooning, and my entire night is off! It's like I'm one step behind absolutely everything!

It started like this...

It's Pediatric Friday, meaning since it's Friday, a trip to the pediatrician is in order. I planned ahead (staying ahead of the game) and got all kids dressed and hair done. I called at 8 AM and got an 8:45 appt. Thomas was red-cheeked and since Fifths Disease is going around preschool I needed to confirm his case so I could tell the pregnant people we'd been around. Turns out that was the last time today I'd be ahead of the game.

Thomas does NOT have Fifths Disease. In fact, he has a massive double ear infection. The doctor was in awe. He said that he would have not even checked his ears but randomly did so today. Thomas has an extremely high pain threshold. The doctor said he should have been crying in pain. Poor guy! But since he was doing well enough I dosed him and dropped the boys off at preschool.

The morning was rather pleasant as the girls and I filled prescriptions and went to the park. After preschool a group of friends decided to eat at a park and let the kids play. I decided to splurge and grab McD's and hit the park knowing that naptime was coming quick. We made it 10 minutes before Joshua needed a restroom (which are still locked at the park) and we were forced to rush home. Awesome.

Naptime was actually awesome since the boys let me fall asleep on the couch while they played computer. A little slice of heaven in this crazy day.

Here's where it all started to fall apart...

My grandma called saying that my mom had lost her phone on vacation in Nevada and she couldn't find her. Knowing mom was likely fine, but wanted to sooth grandma, my brother and I started searching for her, several states away. Meanwhile my brother stopped by my parents house only to see that the garage door and all doors leading in were open. After everything was solved and put together, mom was contacted, etc. I went on with my afternoon.

And then the entire bedroom scene took place. Augh!

Eventually (and I mean hours later) the kids are now all in bed asleep and I can start to catch up so that maybe tomorrow I'll be ahead again!

No comments: