Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Mixed Up

Tonight, Joshua decided to throw me for a loop while going to bed. Usually he is very particular about wanting his sheet and blankets spread FLAT across him. As I did that tonight, he started crying saying he wanted it "mixed up." He cried and cried. As Dan is the one doing bedtimes for the most part right now, and the fact that he wasn't home, I called him. Joshua meanwhile cried, "No, don't call daddy. Don't tell him I want it mixed up." I asked Dan what this meant and Dan had no idea. I was hoping that after just leaving the room, Joshua would give up and go to sleep. No such luck.

He then came out, "You no mix up my bed."
I said, "Joshua, I do not know what you want me to do. Show me what you need. Show me what mixed up means."
He replied, "I not know what mix up means. What it mean?"

I then balled up all the blankets and sheets on his bed and threw them on the center of the bed.

I said, "This is what 'mixed up' means. You just lay down and cover up with the blanket nearest to you."

He happily covered up and went to sleep.

How can I win when neither of us know what we're talking about?

1 comment:

Marty, Rhenda and Anna said...

too funny...but you handled it like a pro!