Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A Reminder To Myself

I just wanted to remind myself: You have it easy!

Today I caved and finally got my tires changed and an alignment done. This meant entertaining all four kids for an hour and a half while the car was worked on (during the boys' and girls' nap/rest time). Katie was a champ and slept the whole time (thanks Katie). The rest of us did well. I took the kids on foot to a somewhat nearby Dollar Store and allowed them a few dollars of free will. The boys were in hog heaven and picked out a sword, an activity book, and some dice. We then took another short walk to Safeway and picked out a doughnut and drink and sat for 45 minutes at a table snacking and doing the activity books. Man, so thankful for good behavior! We then went back to Les Schwab, got some popcorn and picked up the van. Today was hard. Doing it was difficult, but we managed.

And then I need to remind myself. Doing this next year will be way more difficult. Katie slept. Molly was content chewing on things. The boys were entertained by dollar items. Next year the girls will be walking and not as content in the stroller. Looking back, this time will seem like a cinch!

1 comment:

Marty, Rhenda and Anna said...

next year will definitely be different as the girl's will be older...just don't plan a trip like that with them all together! lol