Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving and the First Snow!



Today was Thanksgiving. A day where Dan and I run around crazy trying to clean, cook, and play with the boys all at the same time. Nearly impossible, but enjoyable in the end. The highlight of the morning was the snow. The boys had sat in front of the tv or played independently all morning, so we decided to put on some coats and gloves and enjoy the snow. The boys were so thrilled to play in the snow and immediately asked to make snowmen and shovel. Aaaaah, the sweet memories of last winter. There was enough on the ground that Thomas was able to form snowballs and chase Dan around the yard. It was very entertaining and really ran some energy out of the boys. Hooray!

People began arriving around 3:00 PM and we ate at 4:00 PM. The food was fabulous and the company great. I can say that when I am a mother-in-law I hope to have the same traits as my mother-in-law. She is fabulous. She sits, chats, plays with the kids, helps me clean up my kitchen, and is always praising the family. It makes Dan and I feel successful as parents, and leaves us feeling as though we are very blessed in family. Some great friends arrived as well and I hope all had a good time and enjoyed the good food. Speaking of which, I think there is some yummy moon cake in my fridge, I'm off to have another piece.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of our family and friends!

No comments: