Friday, June 3, 2011

Big Changes

The Domrese household has been full of big changes.

We had a timeframe that nursing was acceptable for this house (not that we judge any other style, it's just what we felt we were comfortable with). We had decided that by 2-years old, we should be near weaning. Well...the girls' birthday came and went and we were still nursing. I scaled back as much as I could but those darlings just weren't ready. Well, in the past two weeks, the girls hit some developmental jumps and they showed signs of being ready (and mama was ready too!). The girls and I sat one night and nursed and snuggled and had that "last moment." Nursing was a special bonding time for us and it's something I was sad to say good-bye to (even though I am thrilled to be free!). :)

After the last nursing session (on a Friday), Dan took all nighttime duties (since they didn't sleep through the night). Well, I can happily say that here we are and the girls are weaned and rarely ask to nurse (and if they do, they really just want a snuggle or some personal attention). AND, the biggest news in the Domrese house.

EVERY SINGLE PERSON SLEEPS THROUGH THE NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!! (SORRY FOR SIDEWAYS PICTURES)


The boys slept through the night the moment we weaned. The girls were essentially the same. It took them about a week, but everyone sleeps through the night. EVEN ME! It's amazing! I haven't slept through the night in over 3 years. Wow.

So, now I have big kids. The baby stage is officially over. The toddler stage is almost over. On we go to the next stage. I'm excited. I'm sad. It's a great place to be.

No comments: