Friday, November 8, 2013

The Writing On the Walls

My facebook post reads like this:

"Something is wrong with me. So many mamas would cringe at the wall. It's not something that bothers me. And as I prepare to paint over it I reminisce about the boys doing it at age 3 and the adventure they must've had. I know. I'm weird."

You see, we want to move. And so we are preparing the house to go on the market. The playroom was one of the first places we started to work. When the girls were first born, the boys would go up there and play. At one point they found some sharpies and drew all over the walls. Oddly enough it didn't bother me (too much). I was likely overwhelmed with the girls at the moment, and thought to myself that at least they were happily engaged in something. So, as we prepare to move on to a new house, I had to paint the walls. And paint over those markings and drawings that they had done. And my heart hurt just a little. Another phase that I must say good-bye to. No more writing on the wall. I'll miss those little boys (in fact I already do). I'll miss those writings on the wall.


No comments: