Tuesday, July 28, 2009

After all these years...

After all these years, I've decided it's time. I'm known by all as a picky eater. This, my friends, is an understatement. I eat noodles and bread. That's pretty much it. Well, that's going to change. I realized that as I'm nursing, and the girls are unhappy, that maybe it's my diet. I wouldn't let the girls eat as I eat, so I have to change...although it's a slow process for me. Here's the ultimate confession...

Most foods, I just haven't tried. It's not that I don't like it, it's that I don't like the smell, the idea, or just am too afraid to try it. I'm not a brave eater.

So, on the left side, I'll be adding foods that I've tried for the first time. I'll only add things to the list that I don't remember having ever tried. I'm trying to keep my new foods only to the healthy ones. After all, is there really any point to me trying cheesecake now? It will not help my diet, so why add it? :)

This week I tried cantalope. YUCK! I barely got it swallowed. EW! I'll be eating watermelon tomorrow (although I think I've had that sometime in the last 20 years...maybe?). I'll also be trying broccoli. Wish me luck! :)

3 comments:

Linda said...

Oh Amber...good luck!!

Kari Johansen said...

You may have to use the same rule as we do on our toddlers, trying things 10 times. :) Seriously though, fruit taste depends on ripeness, sometimes watermelon is awesome and other times it is bland. Other foods, it is all in the preparation. I love broccoli, but only fresh steamed - if it gets the slightest bit mushy - yuck I won't eat it. But I am proud of you for trying, especially after all these years.

Jolene said...

Wow, really? I was like you growing up, and still don't like some things and refuse to try others. (usually fruit for some reason) Asparagus really did grow on me, it took a while and I like it steamed. But you could look online and find yummy recipes for it as well.

I hear you on the cantalope!!!! Doesn't it taste like throw-up to you? Does to me. lol

We should have a tasting party of different foods! :)