Friday, July 31, 2009

Firsts

Last night I took the girls with me to a baby shower for our friend Jamie. It was a "spa shower" so we soaked our feet in warm water and then did our nails. Instead of doing my nails, I decided to do the girls'! It was quite fun! They are so incredibly tiny and now purple and cute! I don't have a picture, but my friend Kari took one, so hopefully she'll e-mail it to me and I can add it here. Instead, here's a picture of me and the girls and my friend Eve. We knew each other and worked together in college and have now gotten back together through our mom's group. Our girls are just 2 weeks apart!





Today the girls tried avocado! It's been about 2 weeks of eating every hour on the hour. I've been trying to hold off and let them get bigger, but it's seriously taking my whole day just nursing them. I tried rice cereal, but it seemed to upset their tummies even further than they already are. The avocado, however, went quite well. Molly, as you can see in the pictures, started off loving it, but with each bite made faces like I was trying to poison her. She continued to eat, but made the face every time. Joshua and I found it hilarious. Katilyn was so frustrated I wouldn't nurse her that I had to hold her to feed her. She screamed until the first bite and then realized it was food and screamed in between bites because I wasn't feeding her fast enough. Hopefully after a few days of this, it will help spread out feedings again. I can't complain though since they are sleeping at least 5 hours straight a night.






No comments: