Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Sometimes Things Just Don't Go Your Way

Mondays are busy. No way around it. I spend all day cleaning and preparing so that my mom can watch the kids so Dan and I can go to Financial Peace University classes. The afternoon is just crazy, ballet class, followed by dinner, followed by class.

I planned ahead and put dinner in the crockpot. Of course, this had to be one of the few times that a recipe totally fails. So, with little time to spare we had a dinner of pancakes and hot dogs. This was just the beginning of a crazy evening. Just as we were walking out the door, the scene was loud and crazy. The babies were yelling, the boys were coming inside for the night. Unfortunately Thomas had stepped in a huge pile of dog poop. No one noticed until it was too late. He tracked it throughout the living and dining room. I didn't notice because as I opened the door to let him in the screen door frame cracked and broke entirely. So the door is broken in my hands, the girls are yelling, and there is dog poop all over. Awesome. Not to mention that Dan and I are already running late for class. The rugs were taken outdoors, floors wiped down, door temporarily put back on and babies calmed.

I'd like to say this is abnormal, but it's probably not. It seems it's always crazy when we are moving on a timeline. Welcome to this stage of life, right?!

No comments: