Friday, July 11, 2008

Don't Mess With The Mama

So, Joshua has been wheezing, so we were going to head into the pediatrician this morning. After giving him a breathing treatment last night and this morning, he appeared to be doing better. We had already cancelled our playdate for today, so we went to Mobius for a bit. The boys had a great time! We then went to the KPBX Kids Concert at St. John's Cathedral. It was entitled "Bells and Whistles." The description said it was showing the organ and all sorts of musical instruments involved in the church. The place was packed when we got there. The guy started speaking and about 15 minutes later the boys were done listening. And here I thought 15 minutes was pretty good for their attention span. They were not being loud, just telling each other things and moving around. The lady in front of us turned to Thomas and said, "Shhhh, I'm trying to listen." Thomas almost started crying. I felt really bad for him. I tell ya, the mama bear in me really came up fast. I had to quickly put a lid on my feelings, console Thomas, and we left. Seriously, it's a KIDS CONCERT. If it were an adult event that I had brought my kids to, I would understand. Ugh. We went to lunch. Apparently in my ensuing phone conversations I said "Good Lord" a little too often as it's now Josh's favorite phrase. It's actually really cute. I'll try to catch it on video and add it to this posting! Just a reminder: Don't mess with the mama!

No comments: