Tuesday, July 22, 2008

We've Been Busy!

It's been a while! We've been busy! Last weekend was our yard sale. It went really well and I'm slowly succeeding and getting rid of things we no longer need. This is difficult for me as I find a use for everything! The yard sale was exhausting! I was so tired!!! Dan was kind enough the night before to take the boys to the river for the night so I could get things organized. My first night away from the boys...ever. I was too busy to get caught up in that fact, so it was a great introduction to being away from them overnight! :)

This week has been just as busy with playdates and reorganizing the house. Maybe late to be called Spring Cleaning, but some of this stuff STILL needs to go! Monday we did breakfast with grandpa Bob and a park playdate with our Mommy & Me friends. Today was preschool. The boys really loved making their own English Muffin Pizzas!

We are taking a break from the intense potty-training that has been ongoing since the beginning of July. I'm realizing that I care more than the boys. I'm frustrated and they still don't seem to care. I switched back over to diapers after cleaning up 4 spots in 3 minutes. Joshua seems to be transitioning fine and is still poop-trained. We'll regress a bit on pee-training, but I just don't care right now. My mental health is at stake!

3 comments:

Jeannette said...

I hear you on the potty training frustrations! Ever since our vacation at the begining of the month Charlie has been doing nothing but fighting me on the using the potty issue. He likes to tell me after he's already gone, which is very much not helpful!

The Butterfields said...

We quit on the potty training after Harry thought it would be cool to see how many things he could pee on in Grampa's living room during one steady stream. Grampa put the kabosh on that one for us! Maybe we'll try again when we get home.... UGH!! :P

Nicole said...

Have you ever heard of a potty party? We do this at work for our toddlers who are potty training. I could send you some literature about it if you'd like.