Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Rain Rain Go Away...

I liked it at 100 degrees. Call me crazy, but it was awesome! My kids are the only kids I know that still shiver when it's that hot. So you can imagine, today we were freezing!!!

We started the morning with a fun playdate. The boys played with their friends Kyle and Claire, and I got to visit with my friend Beth. We all had a lot of fun! I'm looking forward to next time as we've decided that the kids can pretty much self-entertain leaving us to play a game of cards or Scrabble....hooray!!!!

The boys were so exhausted they took an early and long nap. This allowed me to clean the kitchen thoroughly for the first time in what feels like forever! I love the feeling of finishing a room and seeing the drastic difference, but I sure wish I was able to keep up better!

The highlight of my day was seeing that a couple of my sunflowers have bloomed! I'll post a picture once I get them off the camera. They are soooo pretty. Our garden has pretty much died. We got a couple peas, a radish or two, some beans (which might still give a few more), and a few mini-carrots. There are some squash that have started, but will probably fail. It's depressing. Our soil is awful. But apparently it's great for sunflowers. I can't wait until they all bloom!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Amber
Finally,I could add my comment in your blog!
I read your blog as everyday.
I 'm so glad to read your blog.
Your kids are so cute!!
My sister had a baby on 4th Jul.
I became an aunt.