Friday, August 1, 2008

Molten Lava Cake. Enough Said.

My night ended on the perfect note. A great friend, Jenn (AKA Harry's mommy), who disappeared on vacation for 6 weeks returned tonight. We ventured out for a kid-less dessert at our favorite spot...Chili's. YUM! The 6 weeks of not seeing each other meant that we talked nonstop for a couple hours trying to catch up. WHEW! I feel better now! I'm so glad you're back Jenn!!!!!

The morning started off with a bang. First of all, we ran out of diapers. Luckily, we have pull-ups, so we spent more time than usual going potty and getting out of the house took longer than usual. It was delayed even further by the fact that once the boys put on their shoes of choice, they realized their shirts didn't match their shoes. DISASTER!!! We then did an outfit change for each boy and everyone was settled. I can't believe I almost let them leave the house without being fully coordinated! :) They are beginning to dress themselves, it's actually quite fun! I DO enjoy dressing them alike, but it's so much fun to watch their independence grow too. I still get a good mix in, so I feel pretty good about it.

After our getting dressed fiasco we were able to leave the house and go to Mobius. Today's Wee Explorer Theme was airplanes. The boys thoroughly love airplanes so this was fun. It was even more fun because we got to see Shane. Shane is a little older than the boys, so they LOVE hanging out with him. They think he's pretty cool. AND it means I get to chat with Shane's mom, Kari. Always a good time! Mobius also brought back their kid-excavator. Thomas was in heaven. He got to sit on the excavator and use all the controls. Pretty neat for a 2 1/2 year old obsessed with machinery!

All in all, a great day! I'm off to bed! **Note the change in clothing from the home picture above, to the Mobius picture below! Can you tell the boys dressed themselves? :)

No comments: