Friday, April 18, 2008

I Thought I'd Blog Everyday, And Then I Got A Kidney Stone



So I thought I'd blog everyday and then I got a kidney stone. Let me say, that I'd have the boys over again in a heart beat instead of doing that again. I've never NEVER puked so much in my life. And I've never puked from pain, so that was a first. I'm extremely grateful for my brother, who picked me up at 4:00 AM and took me to the ER, got me very medicated, and took great care of me. The stone passed, and now it appears I have some sort of infection still brewing so it's off to the doctor again tomorrow. Seriously...birth is easier.

However, Dan got to take a nice day off...of course it happened to be April 15th, the day before tax/audit deadline, so that must have been stressful. I don't remember too much as I was really drugged in an effort to alleviate pain and nausea. It seems the boys loved having Dan home. The next day (I passed the stone that night), I was pretty sick, but took the boys to the jumping place to give them some running time. Since then, it's been stay at home and play in the backyard while mommy recovers in the chair. The boys don't seem to mind too much as long as they get outside.

Today, even though I'm still running a temp and feeling crappy, we went to Raptor Reef. Dan got the day off, so we went as a family and met our friend Harry (and his mom Jenn) there. We had a blast. Got home and CRASHED!!! I have to admit this has been a pretty hard week on Thomas. He's gotten hurt and has scratches and scrapes everywhere. The worst was when a section of the back fence fell on him trapping him underneath. It took me a second to get to him and since he didn't cry, it took me even longer to realize that he was really scratched up. OUCH!

Hopefully a weekend of rest will do us good. I'll just try and keep on bloggin'! Have a great weekend!

Josh using my "puke sack" as a hat! He thought it was really neat. Thankfully it was a spare!

No comments: