Tuesday, August 25, 2009

We're Home!

Hooray! We are finally sleeping in our own bed! It feels so great! The boys were happy to see their own room as well. The house is completely torn apart and our life is still in shambles, but we're on the right track! The floors are done and look as fabulous as we could get them. Dan, bless his heart, worked day in and day out (as in slept about 3 hours from Friday to Sunday) to get it all done. The floors are not perfect. You might not believe that Dan and I are perfectionists, but we are. The floor is great and livable, but we will redo certain parts of the process in the spring when I can vacate for a week and let Dan get it done the way we both want it done. For now, it's fine and WAY WAY WAY better than the carpet. I cannot wait to get the furniture put in on Wednesday night. It will feel so great. As for now, we'll be here at night and naptimes, but for the most part will attempt to be gone during the day until the floors are fully set and ready for us to live on them. I know I'll look back and say, 'It was only a week of our lives,' but for now it was a rough week. Not something I intend on doing again in the near future! Pictures to come...

1 comment:

Family of Four said...

You are a brave woman. I don't think I could have done a remodel/move with 2 infants and two little busy boys. Amazing!