Sunday, May 18, 2008

Forgetting Sarah Marshall

My review? Two thumbs up. Not sure if the movie was so great because I just needed to get out of the house so badly, or if it was just a good movie. Either way, I thoroughly enjoyed my time in a theater, with air conditioning and company (Kim) that didn't cry, whine, or require help peeing. Thanks Kim! I needed a break badly after changing 6 poopy diapers in under 30 minutes. Yes, that's right, 6 diapers. The boys have realized that if they don't want to take a nap, all they have to do is poop...repeatedly. You may ask, "Why not just leave them in it and make them deal with it?" Then it becomes a matter of "poop and smear" as I call it. And trust me, changing 6 diapers is nothing compared to the smear issue. Aside from that, the day was fine. We got up at 6:00 and were walking by 6:30 AM. Took a nice walk to Albertsons and got a paper and doughnuts. The boys are SLOWLY getting better about sitting through church. The regular family that sits behind us is constantly complimenting them and entertaining them, even though I am continually apologizing for their distracting behavior. The boys LOVE them and insist on shaking their hands and saying "peace be with you" multiple times throughout the service. We followed up church with a visit to a park with a pond where we saw ducks and ducklings, frogs, and turtles. The boys thought it was really neat! After a great nap (after the pooping session) we went outside to cool off and play in the water. Joshua thought this was a great excuse to sit on the kitchen floor and cry for half hour about absolutely nothing. I finally put him back in bed to rest for a bit, dosed him with Tylenol and he seemed to come out of it. I guess I can say that because I took off as soon as Dan got home from work. :)

No comments: