Thursday, May 8, 2008

The Lovely Sheriff Gave Me A Break, Instead Of $1000 In Tickets He Gave Me...



The morning started off on a high note. We went with the mommy and me group to the Junior Livestock Show and the boys got to pet sheep, cows, goats, and pigs. It was so much fun! I needed to teach a lesson in Endicott in the afternoon, so the boys stayed with Auntie Angie. In my usual style, everything went wrong on the drive home. It reminds me of why I don't commute anymore. I hit construction at the most awful time and had to wait 10 minutes and watch them all chat in the road with a car driving through. Then I got stuck behind a combine, setting me back another 10 minutes. To make matters even worse, I tried to make up the time. The lovely Sheriff gave me a break. Instead of $1000 in tickets, he gave me a $261 fine for my tabs being expired. The speeding...yeah that was me. The registration, still can't find, weird. My insurance, on the counter at home. My tabs? Paid for. Fell off? DOL will be receiving a call tomorrow to help me work it out. I always have everything in the car, and this time I had nothing. Not even an answer for the sheriff wondering if I stole this 1996 Dodge Grand Caravan with 2 carseats in the back. C'mon...give me some credit! If I stole something, it certainly wouldn't be THIS van! I even said that to him. He didn't laugh. Apparently I think I'm more funny than most people think I am.

No comments: